Breathing Medication Information
Withhold these medications according to the following schedule:
- 8 hours before test: Airomir, alupent, Berotec, Bricanyl, Bronkaid, Ventolin, Duovent, Maxair
- 12 hours before test: Atrovent, Combivent.
- 24 hours before test: Foradil, Oxeze, Serevent.
- 48 hours before test: Accolate, Advair, antihistamines, Choledyl SA, Singulair, Symbicort, Theodur, Uniphyl.
- 7 days before test: Spiriva.
Please continue to use: Asmanex, Beclovent, Flovent, Intal, Pulmicort, QVAR, Tilade or any inhaled or oral steroid. Take all other medications as usual (including blood pressure and heart medications).
Pre-screening spirometry (FV loops) are done prior to the methacholine challenge and the same medication withholding times must be used for this portion of the testing.