Overnight Oximetry Test Machine Information
To set the machine up at home:
- Plug the power cord into the back of the machine. Then, plug into an outlet near where you will be sleeping. Make sure the green light is lit up on the bottom right hand side of the machine.
- Gently plug the finger probe connector into the socket in the front of the machine. When you are ready to go to sleep place the finger probe on your finger with the cord on top. Place the tape (which is available from the lab) around your finger to secure the probe.
- Just before you go to sleep, turn on the machine by pressing the round grey button on the front of the machine. Please record the time on your diary.
- Please DO NOT TURN OFF THE MACHINE until you are ready to get up for the day. If you get up in the middle of the night, just remove the probe from your finger and replace it when you get back to bed.
- When you get up for the day, please turn off the machine by pressing the round grey button again. Please record the time and fill out the rest of the diary.
- Please return the machine before 10:00 a.m., after the test, as we use it again that day.